Union Officer Resources
Welcome to the Amalgamated Transit Unions Local officer resources page. Click on the titles below in order to review the information provided.
2014 Transit Action Press Toolkit
As your local is busy planning “ride-alongs” with public officials, rallies, leafleting and other events for Transit Actions it will be important to publicize these events to your local press to generate media coverage.
The communications staff at ATU International has prepared an easy-to-use Transit Action Press Toolkit to support your local media outreach. Below you'll find links to download shell press releases, media advisories, talking points, tips to deal with the media, and a sample Transit proclamation.
All you have to do is download them below then fill in the highlighted areas with your local information and e-mail them and follow up with phone calls to your local media.
If you need assistance in doing this media outreach or do not have an e-mail list of media in your area (newspaper, TV stations, radio stations, bloggers and other civic-oriented social media) or have other questions, please contact the International President's office and they will put you in touch with our communications staff.
The media are essential partners in our efforts to engage the public, especially riders, in our campaign. By working together, we can ensure the media have what they need to spread the word.
Transit Action annoucement press release
Elected official ride-along media advisory
Leafleting/rally/other event media advisory
Tips to deal with the media
Transit Action Proclamation
Transit Action event talking points
ATU 57th Convention Training Materials
Within is a list of publications originally offered during convention week
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: 401K-457-DC Retirement Plans (PDF)
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: Conducting Local Union Elections (PDF)
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: Grievance Handling (PDF)
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: JayStar Financial Secretary Seminar (PDF)
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: New Health Care Law (PDF)
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: Officers and Executive Board Members Duties
and Responsibilities (PDF)
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: Organizing the Unorganized (PDF)
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: Privatization (PDF)
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: Restructuring Committee (PDF)
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: Roberts Rules (PDF)
• ATU 57th Convention Workshop: Section 13c (PDF)
Local officers will be able to find various resources such as the ATU Ritual Book, Sudden Death Overtime and Broome County Transit: Keep It Public Report.
• ATU Ritual Book. (PDF)
• Sudden Death Overtime (PDF)
• Broome County Transit: Keep It Public Report (PDF)
• Ripped from the Headlines / Canada: Bus Drivers Under Attack (PDF)
• Ripped from the Headlines / United States: Bus Drivers Under Attack (PDF)
Contract Database - The new ATU Database is accessible to current Local Union President/Business Agents and Financial Secretary/Business Agents only. All users must create a new account at ATUResearch.org