This Caucus was formed to engage the thinking men and women within our Black Caucus to help promote from within to positions within the ATU. We have been successful with that to a degree, but attainment and equality still lack. We often find ourselves looking through the glass ceiling at opportunity, but not being given the true chance to obtain it.
Our membership is comprised of largely black members, but not limited only to blacks but all people of color. We will extend the olive branch 'TO ALL IN UNIONISM'.
- We must address the needs of all of our members, to advance the principles of the IBC which we will hold the ATU to a higher standard of addressing our concerns to help to resolve our many struggles against discrimination in the work place;
- We oppose all acts of discrimination against people of color;
- We oppose all acts of discrimination against MEN and WOMEN;
- We oppose all disparate treatment in any form of DISCIPLINE against our Brothers and Sisters no matter the circumstances;
- We uphold the fundamental principle, true advancement of people of color; and
- We encourage support from all, and especially our ATU International.
Fred Westbrook, President (Local 26)
Benita West, Vice-President (Local 732)
Elain Vance, Financial Recording Secretary (Local 268)
Antoinette Bryant, Recording Secretary (Local 1555)